Fun Home Things has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Kathy from Back to Family.
What a fantastic Christmas gift! Thank you so much Kathy for the nomination!
The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.
What an awesome honor!
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!
So here are 11 random things about me:
1. Dance is my first love, I've been dancing since I was 3.
2. I'm a lefty.
3. My husband and I lived in the same dorm in college and were friends, but didn't go on our first date until 10 years later.
|Granny and Grandma|
5. I have 4 (amazing) brothers and no sisters.
6. I lived in Montana for 3 years and made the greatest friends while I was there.
7. I feel closest to God when I'm at the ocean.
8. I grew up in a city but I love living in the country. I don't think I'll ever live in a city again.
9. My daughter looks nothing like me but acts exactly like me.
10. I am afraid of the dark.
11. Both of my grandmothers are still living and I adore them.
Here are the questions my nominator set for me to answer:
How long have you been blogging and how did you get started?
I started blogging in July because I needed a creative outlet and I wanted something to do while Sophie was at preschool. My first post was a back to school wreath.
List your favorite blogs and what it is that you love about them.
There are so many! Every blog listed on my link party page is a favorite. A few of my other favorites include:
Posed Perfection--Nici is so talented and she takes beautiful pictures of all of her projects.
Back to Family--And not just because Kathy nominated me either. She is my go-to blog for all things homesteading and preserving.
Savvy Southern Style--Kim has amazing style and I love checking out all of her decorations.
Adventures of a DIY Mom--Rachel makes some awesome recipes and she was the first person who invited me to a link party. I had no idea what they were before I joined hers!
Chickadee Jess--I love Jess's tutorials and she is such a genuinely nice person.
What is your favorite family tradition?
My brothers and I take Sophie to Huber's Orchard every October to pick out pumpkins. We've been doing it since Sophie was 2 years-old and I look forward to it every year.
Who is the person who inspires you the most and why?
My Granny. Her mother died when she was 9 years-old from tuberculosis. Her dad remarried and her stepmother was mentally ill. She grew up in a loveless home. Despite this, my Granny is the most kind and loving person I have ever met. Her resilience and determination to change her family legacy inspires me daily.
Describe your dream home.
Old. I love Southern plantation homes, Victorian homes, and Craftsman homes. I grew up in a historic neighborhood in Louisville and fell in love with old homes as a kid. I love the craftsmanship, the details, the big windows, and the spirit that these houses have.
What is your most heartwarming memory from childhood?
Christmas Eve at my Grandma's house. She loves Christmas and her house always feels magical this time of year. It is always happy, warm and a lot of fun.
What is your favorite leisure activity?
Crafting and dancing are my two favorite leisure activities.
Who is your favorite Walton character and why?
Grandma Esther. She comes across gruff sometimes, but it's obvious how much she loves her family.
How did you meet your spouse if you have one? If not, who is your favorite couple?
We met at Murray State University over 10 years ago. We lived in the same dorm and were friends all through college but never dated. A few years ago, we reconnected on Facebook and the rest is history!
What is your favorite animal and why?
Cats. They are loving but full of sass. I love watching them.
What legacy do you wish to be remembered by?
I want to be remembered for my generosity and kindness. I also want to be remembered for inspiring people to try new things.
Here are questions for those whom I nominate to answer:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. What is your favorite holiday?
4. Do you work outside of the home or are you a stay at home mom?
5. If you could meet a famous person, alive or dead, who would it be?
6. How old were you when you went on your first date?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. What is your favorite song and why?
9. Do you have a blogging schedule or do you blog when you feel like it?
10. Are you a city girl or a country girl?
11. What do you love most about your family?
And here are the 11 blogs that I nominate:
The Usual Mayhem
Feel LOVED Everyday
Rain on a Tin Roof
Love Bug Living
Prairie Girl to Southern Belle
Artsy Chicks Rule
My Life's a Treasure
Note to nominees: Please leave me a comment with your Liebster post, so I can read up on you! Also, please leave a link back to this post on your blog.
I'm linking up at some of these great parties and Savvy Southern Style, Debbiedoos, Between Naps on the Porch and Shabby Creek Cottage.